Monday, February 23, 2009

Lauriol Plaza.

Yeah, if you know what I'm talking about, you understand that this place needs no explanation. To those of you who don't know, it's the best TexMex around. They have this steak that comes with a garlic sauce and is topped in spanish onions. It's most possibly the greatest dish on earth. And don't get me started on their margaritas...

When Kim asked me if I wanted to get together and catch up, I knew it would be the perfect place to go. Cool vibe, good food, great drinks! We decided on the margaritas, and, of course, I got the "Swirl." The way it looks in the glass, with it's layers of strawberry and lime laid out on top of each other, it's definitely a treat for the eyes. And the taste...heavenly.

So how awesome was it when I realized I could make a Strawberry Margarita Pie? Martin, the local liquor store owner, didn't quite believe me when I was picking up my tequila and triple sec.
...though he did ask me if I could bring some business cards down...

Oh man this pie is so awesome. Strawberries, tequila, lime, and a graham cracker crust... I'm actually eating a slice right now. It makes me want to be on a beach somewhere warm listening to Jimmy Buffett; The golden sun shining down making me happy. Or, wait! Could it be the pie making me happy? I'd best put this pie back in the fridge now. I've gotta wake up early for work and I don't want to be stuck with a hangover. Though, the way this tastes, it might be worth it.



And just to remind everyone, or let anyone new know: check out my first posting to see my current list of pies. Then read the other postings to see what I've added since. And remember, there's always time for a slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment