Monday, February 9, 2009

A Slice and a Run/The Best Gift

In the dark depths of my cupboard lies a scary thing: Crunchy chocolate and sugary sweet vanilla cream. These things hiding... they're dangerous. They make me want to do things. Things like get a glass of milk, tear them in half and dunk them. These things are fantastic. These things are wonderful. These things are Oreos.

So great, infact, are these things, that a pie made of them is almost too delicious to handle. I mean, come on: Oreo cookies ground into crumbs, shoved into the bottom of a pie pan; a creamy filling of vanilla and more cookies. It's almost too good to be true. One bite of this pie and I knew my sneakers would be begging me to go for a run.

And run I did. That elliptical machine had me going. 35 minutes later and I'm still not sure I worked off all of the calories that went into that one delicious slice of cookies and cream pie. I don't care though. That slice was worth it. Pure unadulterated joy. Sigh...

Now on to other things: As all of the women who are reading this are aware, Valentine's day is this Saturday. For all the men who are reading this: It means you need to go shopping.

Some advice for the men who completely forgot about this (rather obnoxious) holiday: Women like chocolate. No, wait. Scratch that. Women LOVE chocolate! So why not buy her a pie? A chocolate silk pie with a raspberry drizzle sauce to be exact. But where might you find this delectable sounding pie? Why, at Straight From The Pie Hole! Your friendly neighborhood pie shop is trying out something new for Valentine's day. And what sounds better than a chocolate silk pie? It's not fuzzy like a teddy bear. Nor is it cheesey like the promise ring you were thinking about getting her. It's chocolate. And if you're lucky, she just might let you have a slice. It's a win for both of you! (Sumo, this idea is for men other than yourself. If you ask me to make my own Valentine's day present...)

Well, folks, that's all for this weeks update. Please tune in next Monday night for the next chapter of...Straight From The Pie Hole. And remember, there's always time for a slice!

No comments:

Post a Comment