Monday, March 2, 2009

As I'm sitting here writing this post, I'm yearning for spring; Maybe even summer (Well, not for the weather, but for the fruit)...Anyway, it's snowing. And it has been all day. Yeah, it's pretty, blah blah, but I'm tired of it. I know it's kinda the first real snowfall in the DC area, but I don't care. I want to wear skirts instead of long johns and make good fruit pies.

Sumo and I went to Eastern Market on Saturday to scope the place out. I wasn't really expecting to see any fresh fruit there, but damn: It was like a barren wasteland. Though, the lady who sells hunks of yellow cake was there was all of her scarfed and mittened glory...

I just want to see the piles of strawberries and plums, the watermelon and peaches. I want to sample the blueberries. I want to make a delicious peach raspberry pie.

I'm ready for the warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment