Monday, February 16, 2009

His Preciousssss...


Ahh Valentine's Day...The sweet smell of Romance. Wait! That's not romance: That's Snickers Pie!

A pie made out of snickers? Yes indeed! Well, somewhat... You see, Sumo LOVES snickers. I think he carries one with him everywhere he goes just incase he desires that chocolatey, carmely, peanuty goodness. If I try to touch this candybar, the jealous rage bursts from his being as if he's Gollum with the ring. So I decided I wanted to attempt a type of pie that incorporates his beloved precious.

I did some research and found a blog of a woman who participates in something called the Daring Bakers. (The Daring Bakers are a group of people who love to bake and love challenges. I'm serious, after checking out these blogs, I don't think there's anything these people won't at least try.) Well, after checking out her blog for a few minutes, I found a recipe for what she calls Snickers Pie. It looked fantastic and sounded easy enough to try out.

So, after doing some grocery shopping for a few ingredients I don't keep around the house (including the snickers themselves), I was underway. First, I made a graham cracker crust. I topped this crust with a thick layer of chocolate fudge. This decadent layer was sprinkled with half inch sized bites of the love of Sumo's life. Of course, I cut too many bites, so I shoved my face with the remainder...Then, I topped it with something a bit different: cheesecake. After baking this masterpiece, I slathered on a layer of homemade chocolate frosting and a handful of red sprinkles.

It looked perfect! It actually was a masterpiece. I had never made anything like this before. All of the layers of candy! How could this not be fantastic? Well, lucky for me, Sumo loves cheesecake: I hate it.

Oh but that chocolate fudge! Delicious! I want to make a pie out of only that. Or just make that fudge and eat it with a spoon.

Maybe next weekend.


Oh, and to let you know: He loved the pie. He was so happy I made it for him, that I think he even forgot it housed his precious. For that night, I was his precious.

1 comment:

  1. Gollum? Really? Is my hair falling out that fast?

    ReplyDelete