Thursday, July 21, 2011

I Think I Hate Pie...

I have been severely slacking with this challenge. We were busy this past weekend, so I didn't get a chance to bake. I figured 'no biggie, I'll have time this week.'

Ha! So said the girl who scheduled her Praxis exam for July 30th. Now, I'm going crazy.

For those of you who may not know, Praxis is the teacher certification test. I have to pass this test to be admitted to graduate school. I'll be tested on 3 subject areas: reading, writing, and mathematics. Reading - fine. Writing - extra fine (though you may not know it from reading this blog - I'm going for style here, not perfection). But mathematics - I'm like the roadrunner running from Wile E. Only this time, that ACME bomb caught me.

It might end up being around two weeks until you hear from me again, which is 14 days, and if each day has 24 hours that's 20,160 minutes, and if I can make 1 pie per every 2 hours, that's 168 pies, which equals 1,344 slices if you cut each pie into 8... - which would be a lot of slices.

Since I'm clearly going insane teaching myself (Sumo helps, too) basic algebra and other things number related, the only pie I'm going to be seeing is the kind that starts with 3.14.

But, if you look on the bright side, there will be a 3 pie challenge waiting for me after the test. And no, I don't mean 3(3.14). Which would equal...

No comments:

Post a Comment