Wednesday, September 22, 2010

All Pie and No Jack Makes Chrissy a Dull Baker


Finally a trip to the liquor store that makes me seem like a normal 20-something.

Jack Daniels, easily one of the top liquor purchases of someone in my age range. However, if you make the mistake of telling the clerk that it's for a pie, you'll still be looked at like you have 3 eyes. Maybe I should take him a piece...

Anyway, to get back on topic, the Jack Daniels Chocolate Chip Pecan pie has risen pretty close to the top of my list for favorites of the first ever Summer Pie Challenge. Who knew those 3 things went together so well. I mean, I actually think I stood over this pie with a fork, completely ignoring the plate I had sat next to the pan.

To start, have you ever had a pecan pie? A real one, like, homemade? They are delicious, albeit so sweet and rich that it's hard to eat an entire slice. Well, somehow adding chocolate changed that.

I know that doesn't make sense whatsoever, but it did. And the Jack... humminah, humminah!

It was stickey and gooey, but crunchy and the hint of whiskey in the background just did the trick.

W.C. Fields got it right when he said, "Always carry a [slice] of whiskey [pie] in case of snake bite, and furthermore, always carry a small snake."

Now, to the pet store!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed! Normally I'm not a huge pecan pie fan, but this was delicious.

    ReplyDelete